Notice of the IPPLM as a Data Controller
discharging obligations under Article 13 of the GDPR1
1 Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (the Data Protection Directive), called hereinafter Regulation (GDPR).
- The data controller processes personal data for purposes relating to the recruitment process and the employment, and also for scientific purposes, such as: gaining funds and organizing scientific events, such as: conferences, the school of plasma physics, and workshops.
- Personal data processed in relation with the process of recruitment and with the employment are collected on the basis of the binding labour and social security law and the tax law. The provision of personal data is voluntary but it is necessary for purposes relating to the establishment and the course of the employment.
- Recipients of personal data of IPPLM’ employees are companies and institutions to which the IPPLM as the Data Collector has a legal obligation to transfer personal data for purposes relating to the performance of the work and for purposes relating to ensuring finance for the IPPLM, and also relating with implementation of a contract for the group life insurance (in case of persons who joined the insurance scheme).
- Personal data of persons employed by the IPPLM will be stored for the period of time resulting from the binding labour and social security law and the tax law.
- The data of persons registering and participating in conferences, the school of plasma physics, and workshops are processed during registration process and at the time of participating in these events, as well as after their completion on the basis of the consent expressed during registration of participants. The declaration of consent to process personal data of a participant contains also the consent to publish the image, including the permission to transfer this image to a third country (photographs taken during conferences and workhops). The provision of personal data in the process of organization and participation in conferences, the school of plasma physics, and workshops is voluntary but it is necessary for purposes of participation in these scientific events. The IPPLM as Data Controller obtains personal data directly from persons whom these data concern and only for the purpose connected with the organized scientific events. Personal data are filed after the conclusion of scientific events.
- Every natural person whose personal data are processed by the IPPLM has the right to access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing concerning the data subject or to object to processing as well as the right to data portability. With regard to personal data based on Article 6 (1) (a) of GDPR, a natural person has a right to withdraw consent for processing of personal data at any time without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- Each natural person whose personal data is processed by the IPPLM has the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office of Personal Data Protection when the person considers that the processing of personal data infringes GDPR.